The Tor project is a non-profit organisation that conducts research and development into online privacy and anonymity. It is designed to stop people – including government agencies and corporations – learning your location or tracking your browsing habits.
Based on that research, it offers a technology that bounces internet users’ and websites’ traffic through “relays” run by thousands of volunteers around the world, making it extremely hard for anyone to identify the source of the information or the location of the user.
Its software package – the Tor browser bundle – can be downloaded and used to take advantage of that technology, with a separate version available for Android smartphones, Windows, Linux like Debian as Kali Linux has the architecture, MAC OS etc.
Below we will description the process of installation Tor Browser in Kali Linux.
After that we will teach you how to run under the user root.
Let’s begin step by step:
- Le’ts download the tor from this link
2. Step two is to extract the package then we download with this command:
tar – xf tor-browser-linux64-9.0.9_en-US.tar.xz
3. Go to directory then we have extracted with command:
4. Now we will try to open tor with command:
And we receive the error message as you can see in the photo below
We see then we can’t open tor under root user.
5. Need to go back to tor browser directory and after that inside of the browser directory with the command:
6. Under Browser directory we will find the file with name start-tor-browser
And open with leafpad editor:
Search from finder leafpad with name root
We found this and need to comment 4 lines with # as you can see in the photo
7. Latest step is to save this file and try to open again tor browser with the following command:
And finally you can use Tor Browser under the user root.
These tutorials are for education and not for malicious purposes!@B